I am a PhD Student in Computer Science, Control and GeoInformation (XXXIV Cycle) at the Dept. of Civil Engineering and Computer Science Engineering of the University of Rome Tor Vergata, Italy.
My research interest focuses mainly on the deployment and run-time adaptation of container-based applications with Quality of Service requirements over distributed infrastructures. Specifically, I studied non-linear optimization, machine learning techniques, cloud computing systems, and systems and architectures for Big Data.
Here you can find my CV.
Dipartimento di Ingegneria Civile e Ingegneria Informatica, Stanza D1-19
Università degli Studi di Roma Tor Vergata
Via del Politecnico 1, 00133 Roma, Italy
October 2018 : Laurea Magistrale (master’s degree) cum laude in Computer Engineering at the University of Rome Tor Vergata.
Thesis title (in Italian): Elasticità Orizzontale e Verticale tramite Reinforcement Learning per Applicazioni basate su Container. Advisors: Prof. Valeria Cardellini and Prof. Francesco Lo Presti
- October 2016: Laurea Triennale (bachelor's degree) cum laude in Computer Engineering at the University of Rome Tor Vergata.
Awards and Acknowledgements
Honors and Awards
- 2017: Finalist at the CINI Smart City University Challenge, organized by Italian Inter-university Consortium for Computer Science (CINI) and co-located with the 8th ACM/SPEC International Conference on Performance Engineering (ICPE 2017).
- 2016: Winner of a student grant financed by MIUR (Italian Ministry for Education, University, and Scientific Research). First classified out of fifteen available positions, and selected among the top students enrolled in the academic year 2013/2014 in Engineering disciplines at the University of Rome Tor Vergata.
- 2012: Honored as best student among the top 300 Italian students that completed the school year 2011/12 with the highest grades. Contest organized by the Scuola Normale Superiore, Pisa, Italy
- 2018: Selected for participating to the 2nd ACM Europe Summer School on Data Science, that was held in Athens, Greece, on July 2018. Selected out of 220 participants.
In the current academic year (2018/19), I teach the following courses:
- Hands-on Storage Systems and Processing Frameworks for Big Data, 2 ECTS (MSc in Computer Engineering at the University of Rome Tor Vergata)
- Teaching assistant for Fundamentals of Informatics, Bachelor's Degree course in Computer Engineering taught by Prof. Vincenzo Grassi, at the University of Rome Tor Vergata.
- IC F. Rossi, M. Nardelli, V. Cardellini, "Horizontal and Vertical Scaling of Container-based Applications using Reinforcement Learning" accepted for publication in proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Cloud Computing (IEEE CLOUD 2019), Milan, Italy, July 2019.